knowledgeSmarts Mapping Service (kMS)
kMS employs a unique unified declarative mapping technique to integrate existing databases and files with knowledgeSmarts' unified knowledge layer.
kMS uses this mapping to translate semantic queries to native query languages or API calls. This powerful virtualization framework provides real-time access to data through the knowledge layer, so it can then be exploited by other knowledgeSmarts components (reasoner, query engine, lenses, models, graphs, analytics, etc.)
- Pluggable, extensible query engine
- Translates semantic queries to native database queries or API calls
- Native function support for spatial, temporal, social analytics, etc.
- A unified mapping approach for all data stores
- Supported RDBMS: JDBC, Oracle Spatial, MySQL, SQS, etc.
- Supported (Spatial) Feature Store: Shapefiles, GML, Oracle Spatial, MySQL, ARCSDE, Tiger, etc.
- Supports Object Stores: Based on Hibernate
- Supports NoSQL Stores: Supports MongoDB and Graph DB; KVP store available in 2012
Data-Knowledge Integration with kMS: